Andrew P. GielAssociate
Andrew Giel focuses his practice on construction litigation. Mr. Giel earned his B.S. in Civil Engineering from Ohio State University, along with a minor in Economics, in 2015; he earned his J.D. from The Pennsylvania State University, Penn State Law, in 2018.
During his undergraduate studies at Ohio State, Mr. Giel completed internships related to construction and civil engineering, including as an Assistant Project Engineer during both the design and build phases of a new wing addition on a regional hospital and as a Junior Consultant at a site-civil development engineering firm.
At Penn State Law, Mr. Giel earned a Certificate of Recognition in Public Interest for his membership in the Rural Economic Development Clinic, where he drafted contracts and agreements for local clients. He also worked as a Legal Intern for an engineering and architecture company, where he reviewed contracts, drafted complaints against delinquent payers, dealt with corporate governance and registration matters, and vetted potential clients and corporate partners by researching their litigation histories. Finally, Mr. Giel worked as a Summer Associate at DFL Legal before joining the firm full-time after graduating from Penn State Law.
J.D., The Pennsylvania State University, Penn State Law, University Park, PA, 2018
B.S., Civil Engineering, minor in Economics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2015
- Associate, Dingess, Foster, Luciana, Davidson & Chleboski LLP, Pittsburgh, PA, September 2018 to present
- Summer Associate, Dingess, Foster, Luciana, Davidson & Chleboski LLP, Summer 2017
- Legal Intern, GPD Group, Akron, OH, Summer 2016
- Junior Consultant, Civil & Environmental Consultants, Columbus, OH, May – December 2014
- Assistant Project Engineer, Dugan & Meyers Construction Co., Columbus, OH, Summer 2013